At the beginning of each year, the City of Yuma starts its annual Neighborhood Clean-up for City residents. This is in addition to normal collection days and is strictly for the pickup of ordinary household bulk items such as refrigerators, stoves, washing machines, furniture, electronics, tires (without rims) and bagged lawn clippings.
This program is only open to City Residents.
During the months of January through April, the City is divided into ten areas and each area has one week for the curbside pick-up of these ordinary household bulk items. In addition to the complete Neighborhood Clean-Up map, there are also maps for each of the specific areas below:
- Area 1 - January 28 to January 31
Colorado Street to West Main Canal and Avenue A to west City limits
- Area 2 - February 4 to February 7
West Main Canal to 8th Street and East Main Canal to west City limits
- Area 3 - February 11 to February 14
Colorado Street to 8th Street and East Main Canal to east City limits
- Area 4 - February 18 to February 21
8th Street to 16th Street and East Main Canal to west City limits
- Area 5 - February 25 to February 28
8th Street to 16th Street and East Main Canal to east City limits
- Area 6 - March 4 to March 7
16th Street to 24th Street and East Main Canal west City limits
- Area 7 - March 11 to March 14
16th Street to 24th Street and East Main Canal to Pacific Avenue
- Area 8 - March 18 to March 21
East Main Canal to west City limits and 24th Street to south City limits
- Area 9 - March 25 to March 28
East Main Canal to Pacific Ave and 24th Street to south City limits
- Area 10 - April 1 to April 4
Pacific Avenue to east City limits and 16th Street or Hwy 95 to south City limits
- Please place all items at the curb for collection. Items must be placed at the pickup spot at the beginning of your designated week.
- Please do not block or place items close to trash containers and water meters.
- Loose items must be bagged, boxed, or tied and must be easily handled by two people. (Not to exceed 50 lbs.)
- Please separate piles of appliances, tires, bound limbs and miscellaneous items for easier handling. These separate piles will be picked up by different crews.
- No items are to be put in the alley. (The only exception is for homes facing Avenue A.)
- Please keep any items that you don't want discarded, away from the Right-of-Way area.
- No roofing and construction material
- No tree stumps
- No concrete or dirt
- Do not put out Household Hazardous Waste such as motor oil, pesticides, and other chemicals
- No commercial dumping
- No tires with rims
- No abandoned vehicles or commercial vehicles
- No farm equipment
- Old furniture, mattresses, carpets, and appliances
- Loose lawn clippings that are bagged
- Tree limbs that are no longer than 4 foot in length, tied and bundled, and weigh no more than 50 lbs.
- 5 tires without rims per residential location (no commercial or farm tires)