Reporting an Injured or Dead Animal

The City of Yuma Animal Control Services Unit is responsible for picking up injured, dead, or stray animals on public property within the City limits. In addition, Animal Control will pick up small animals on private property as long as the animal does not belong to the property owner and the owner is unknown.

If the animal belongs to the property owner, or the owner is known, the owner will be responsible for the removal of the animal. Yuma City Ordinance 190-17 forbids placing an unwrapped small dead animal in a refuse container.

To report an injured, dead, or stray animal, contact City of the Yuma Animal Control Services Unit at (928) 373-4795 Option 2.