Swimming Pools and Water Features
Swim Lesson Level Descriptions
Private Swim Lessons
- Carver Pool - 1250 W. 5th Street (5th Street and 13th Avenue)
- Carver Pool is 25 yards by 30 feet
- Carver Pool is 25 yards by 30 feet
- Kennedy Pool - 23rd Street and Kennedy Lane (accessed from 24th Street)
- The Kennedy Pool is 50 meters by 65 feet with a 212 foot slide and a separate 2400 square foot leisure pool.
- Regular Hours: June 4 - July 26 | 1:00 pm - 3:45 pm | Tuesday - Friday
- Admission: 25 ¢ per person
- Marcus Pool - 545 W. 5th Street (5th Street and 5th Avenue)
- Marcus Pool is 25 meters by 25 yards with an 800 square foot leisure pool.
- Regular Hours: June 4 - July 25 | 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm | Tuesday and Thursday
- Admission: 25¢ per person
- Valley Aquatic Center - 4381 W. 18th Street
- Concessions are available
- The competition pool is 25 yards by 110 feet and the leisure pool is 5,972 square feet.
- Regular Hours: June 1 - July 28 | 1:00 pm - 7:45 pm | Tuesday - Sunday
- Admission: Youth (17 and under) $3 ; $2.50 w/ resident credit | Adults (18+) $5.50; $4 w/ resident credit
Water features may be found at the following locations:
- Carver Park - 5th Street and 13th Avenue (1250 West 5th St) - open during the summer months (May – September)
- Friendship Park - Avenue A and 34th Drive – open during the summer months (May – September)
Please note: Daily admission rates will apply to all patrons and non-swimmers entering aquatic facilities. No ice chests/coolers or lawn chairs are allowed at any of the aquatic facilities.
Swimmers must wear proper swimwear only. Swimmers wearing cut off jeans, clothing or bathing suits with exposed zippers, buckles, rivets, or metal ornamentation will not be allowed to go down the slides due to the damage that may be caused by such swim wear.
All pool hours and dates are tentative and subject to change. Open swim hours will change once school begins in August.
Valley Aquatic Center (4381 W. 18th Street): Opening Weekend: May 25& 26
Regular Hours: June 2 - July 28 | Tuesday - Sunday
August 3 - August 25 | Saturdays & Sundays
Kennedy Pool (23rd Street and Kennedy Lane): June 4 - July 26 | Tuesday - Friday | Open Swim: 25¢
Marcus Pool, (545 W. 5th Street): June 4 - July 25 | Tuesdays and Thursdays | Open Swim: 25¢
View a complete list of pool rules, and additional information on pool rentals.
- Monthly and season passes are available for purchase at the Parks and Recreation Office (ONLY).
- Family passes are for immediate family use only.
- The rate for a Family Pass applies to the first five members of the immediate family. For each additional family member included on the pass, there will be an added charge of $7.
Youth: $51; $33 with City resident credit
Adult: $82; $54 with City resident credit
Family: $96; $70 with City resident credit
Monthly passes are available for one calendar month only.
Accepted at any City pool for open swim programs only.
Youth: $96; $67 with City resident credit
Adult: $145; $97 with City resident credit
Family: $228; $152 with City resident credit
Valley Aquatic Center, Carver, Kennedy and Marcus Pools are all available for rentals throughout the summer. The Valley Aquatic Center even has its own party room named "The Aquarium," with an ocean-themed décor. For information about rates and availability, please contact the
When you're ready to reserve a pool for your event, simply fill out a pool request form and e-mail it to the Parks & Recreation Department, fax it to 877-782-2584 or hand-deliver it to the Parks and Recreation office at Yuma City Hall.
1. Swim lesson participants may sign up for only one session at a time, but may register for any session during the summer.
2. Participants must successfully complete all requirements for one level before entering the next level. Participants who are currently enrolled and wish to register for another session of swim instruction, may do so on the Wednesday before the last day of the session that you are enrolled in at the time.
3. Registration, transfers and waiting list transactions may be done in person at the Parks and Recreation Office or by telephone. (Visa, Discover, American Express and MasterCard accepted)
4. No one will automatically be placed on a waiting list. Parents must request to be put on a waiting list through the Parks and Recreation Office. Wait list participants will be notified if vacancies become available on a first come, first serve basis. Refunds will not be made for participants. However, funds may be transferred or placed on account for another swim lesson session or other Parks and Recreation activity.
5. Availability of upcoming classes is not guaranteed as registration is on going throughout the summer.
6. Classes without a minimum of six may be combined with other classes or canceled.
SWIM LESSON REGISTRATION IS NOT AVAILABLE ON-LINE. GROUP AND PRIVATE LESSONS ARE OFFERED SEASONALLY, JUNE THROUGH AUGUST.
Guppy/Turtle (Parent-Tot): 6 months - 36 months. Parents or adult age 14 and older accompanies the child in the water.
Starfish (Preschool): 3 - 5 years. Parents or adult supervision required for children age 3. Emphasis will be on learning basic skills, holding breath, and floating. Infant Toddler and Preschool classes intend to develop in young children a high comfort level in and around the water and a readiness to swim. These courses do not teach children to be accomplished swimmers or to survive in the water.
Beginner Diving: Prerequisite: age 8 and over, swim 25 yards, and feel comfortable in deep water.
Duck (Level I): Water Exploration - Become oriented to aquatic environment.
Otter (Level II): Primary Skills - Prerequisite: Level I certificate or demonstrated competency in Level I skills.
Dolphin (Level III): Stroke Readiness - Prerequisite: Level II certificate or demonstrated competency in Level II skills.
Shark (Level IV): Stroke Development - Prerequisite: Level III certificate or demonstrated competency in Level III skills.
Marlin (Level V): Stroke Refinement - Prerequisite: Level IV certificate or demonstrated competency in Level IV skills.
Killer Whale (Level VI): Skill Proficiency - Prerequisite: Level V certificate or demonstrated competency in Level V skills.
Adult Swim Lessons: Co-Ed instruction. Class participation may range from water adjustment (afraid of water) to advanced skills for those interested in improving their swimming skills. Instruction is geared to the individual goals of the participant.
If you would like one on one instruction, private swim lessons are being offered for both youth and adults. Each class is 30 minutes long; meets five days a week for one week, and all swim instructors are certified.
Registration, transfers and waiting list transactions may be done by contacting the Parks and Recreation Office.
Availability of upcoming classes is not guaranteed as registration is on-going throughout the summer. Classes without a minimum of six may be combined with other classes or canceled. Refunds will not be made for participants. However, funds may be transferred for another swim lesson session or other Parks and Recreation activity.