For reservation information related to picnic ramadas, please download the Outdoor and Athletic Facility Reservation Rates brochure. For larger events a
Facility Reservation Request Form must be completed and submitted for review and approval.
The Parks and Recreation Facility Committee meets weekly to review facility requests. Please turn in your completed form at least ten days prior to the date requested. We are also available to meet with groups to discuss event logistics and share our experience to assist in a successful outcome for most types of events. Please contact us to request a meeting.
Ramadas are available to the public on both a ramada reservation system and on a first-come, first served basis when not otherwise reserved.
For more information about our ramadas and availability, or to make a reservation, contact the City of Yuma Parks and Recreation Department at 928-373-5200.
The following is a list of our current ramadas, their locations and numbers, please refer to the ramada number when making reservations.
- Caballero Park - Avenue A and 34th Place
- #10 - northwest side of park
- #11 - southeast side of park
- Carver Park - 5th Street and 13th Avenue
- #3 - near pool
- #4 - near Morris Cottage
- #24 - north end of Morris Cottage
- #4 - south end of park
- Friendship Park - 1631 West 34th Place
- #22 - northwest corner
- #23 - southeast corner
- Gateway Park - Enter via Gila, at 1st Street (259 South Gila Street)
- #37 - by the beach
- #38 - next to the playground
- #39 - on top, by the parking lot
- Joe Henry Memorial Park - 23rd Avenue and Colorado Street
- #1 - southeast corner
- #28 - northeast side
- #31 - southwest side
- Kennedy Memorial Park - 23rd Street & Kennedy Lane
- #05 - next to playground
- #06 - southwest corner
- #16 - southeast corner
- #17 - southwest side
- #26 - northwest middle
- #27 - northwest side
- Netwest Park - 12th Street and 14th Avenue (1100 South 14th Avenue)
- #12 (only ramada)
- Riverside Park - Prison Hill Road and Giss Parkway
- #14 (only ramada)
- Sanguinetti Memorial Park - 8th Avenue and 22nd Street (701 West 22nd Street)
- #13 - east side of park
- #29 - north side of park
- #30 - south side of park
- Smucker Memorial Park - Avenue A and 28th Street (2930 Avenue A)
- #8 - center of park near play area
- #9 - southwest side of park
- #15 - east side of park
- Sunrise Optimist Park - 20th Street and 45th Avenue (4498 West 20th Street)
- #18 - south side of park
- #19 - west side of park
- Winsor Rotary Park - 20th Street and 34th Drive (3407 West 20th Street)
- #20 - north side of park
- #21 - south side of park
- West Wetlands Park - 282 North 12th Avenue
- #32 - south of pond
- #33 - north of pond
- #34 - west of pond by playground
- #35 - near Hummingbird Garden
- #36 - near Hummingbird Garden
Ramada reservation entitles holder to four (4) picnic tables and one (1) grill. No electrical outlets or water spigots are provided at ramadas. Amusement rides, inflatable amusement rides, slides and inflatable jumpers are not permitted on City property unless the renter and/or owner provides the City of Yuma with proof of liability insurance prior to set up on City property.
In accordance with the Parks rules and regulations, this permit is governed by the following conditions:
- Permit is not transferable nor refundable. No refunds will be made due to inclement weather.
- Permit is valid for the date of event only.
- Glass beverage containers are not permitted.
- Area must be left clean.
- Obnoxious behavior or excessive noise will not be permitted.
- Park hours must be observed.
- Permit holder must retain permit and make available upon request by proper park or police officials.
- The volume of amplified music must be kept low enough as not to disturb other park users. All amplified music must conclude by 10 p.m.
- All ramadas must be vacated by 11 p.m.
- Ramadas are lighted at night, however, the City of Yuma is not liable for ramada electrical failures beyond its control.
Alcohol permits may be purchased online any day of the week, at any time of the day.
Alcohol Permits may be purchased for Gateway, West Wetlands, Carver, Kennedy, Smucker, Caballero, Joe Henry, Riverside, and Friendship Parks.
The cost for Alcohol Permits is $25 and can be purchased at the Parks and Recreation Office inside City Hall.
Rules governing the use of Alcohol Permits include the following:
The permit is not transferable. Permit is valid for specified date and time of event only. Only Malted beverages (such as Beer) are allowed in City Parks. Glass beverage containers are not permitted. Permit holder only is allowed to bring alcoholic beverages into the park and is responsible for the conduct of all group members. Area must be left clean. Obnoxious behavior or excessive noise will not be permitted. Parks are open to the public from Sunrise - 11:00pm. Parks hours must be observed. Permit holder must retain permit and make available upon request by proper park or police official. Issuance of Alcohol Beverage Permit does not guarantee a reservation of a Yuma Parks and Recreation facility or ramada. Permit holder will be responsible for assuring ALL MEMBERS of his/her party that consume alcohol are of legal age to drink alcoholic beverages according to Arizona State law. The volume of amplified music must conclude by 10 p.m. Alcoholic beverages are not permitted in parking lots, or children's play areas. The sale of alcoholic beverages in City parks is strictly prohibited unless a special license and insurance are obtained. Under this permit, the sale of alcoholic beverages in City parks is strictly prohibited. Your guests cannot be asked or required to pay, donate or exchange money during the course of the event (includes fees for admission, auction raffle, food, etc.).A special liquor license application can be obtained from the City Clerk’s Office with a minimum of 60 days notice. Alcoholic beverages are not to be consumed by team members during athletic team competition. You must be at least 21 years of age to purchase an alcohol permit.