We have rounded up all the resources your child needs to prepare for the upcoming school year in a fun and safe environment! For children in pre-k through 8th grade.
The City of Yuma’s 9th Annual Back to School Rodeo will take place at the Yuma Civic Center on Saturday, July 20, 2019, from 8am to Noon.
The Back to School Rodeo is a family-friendly event providing an opportunity to increase awareness and availability of education, health and social services for parents and children through interactive, informative presentations, displays and entertainment.
- As a “one-stop” destination, our focus is to help students with all of their school related needs.
- Local public, private, and charter schools along with preschools will have representatives on hand to answer any questions.
- Representatives from local afterschool programs and extracurricular activities will also be available for questions and enrollment information.
- FREE health and vision screenings.
- FREE arts and crafts, face painting and door prizes
- PLUS the first 1,400 children will receive a FREE synch style backpack filled with school supplies! (Child must be present. One backpack per child with voucher only.) Two hundred of those backpacks are specific to students in preschool and will include supplies and items for that initial school year, respectfully. The 1,200 other backpacks will be for students in kindergarten through 8th grade. Synch style backpacks, school supplies, and raffle prizes given at the BTSR are made possible by our sponsors.
All City of Yuma students, parents, guardians, teachers, staff and community leaders are encouraged to attend.
Special thanks to our community sponsors: First Things First, Corona Optique, APS, Arizona Complete Health, Wal-Mart, Southwest Gas, AEA Federal Credit Union, KYMA, Calibur Printing, Wells Fargo, Swire Coca-Cola USA, Sun Graphics, Cathy Nuetzi State Farm Insurance, z93 Monster Media Yuma, El Dorado Broadcasters, and La Campesina.
For more information, please contact Marketing Specialist, Carrie Ring at 928.373.5020 or Carrie.Ring@yumaaz.gov