Civil Traffic Tickets

When you receive a civil traffic ticket, you have options on how you plea to the violation(s)

January 1, 2019 - surcharges have changed and fine amounts wil be different; fine schedule is being revised.

The civil traffic ticket (complaint) you received includes a court date and time located above your signature to the right. By your court date you will need to decide how you want to plea to your violation(s). The following are possible pleas you may enter per violation:

•Attend Defensive Driving School

•Pay by Telephone or Mail (How much is my fine?)

•Request a Hearing

•Request a Documentary Hearing *for civil traffic only

Learn more about your civil traffic ticket and plea options. 

 Please Note:  from the date you receive your violation, it can take up to 8-10 working days for the citation to be filed with the court by the Police Department and entered into our system.  Once it is filed and in our system, you may then choose one of the options above.

 How do I pay my fine?

You may pay at the front counter at the Court during regular business hours with cash, check, money order, debit or credit card.

To pay by phone call 928-373-4800. Please have your case number or citation number ready along with your debit or credit card number.

You may pay by mail with a check or money order made out to the Yuma Municipal Court.  The Court does NOT accept personal checks if you are past due.  A $50.00 charge will be assessed on all checks that are returned for non-sufficient funds.

 Yuma Municipal Court - 1515 S. Second Avenue - Yuma, AZ  85364

Please note: It is the defendant's responsibility to follow up with the Court to ensure that the payment or correspondence sent by mail was received by the Court and that all charges have been resolved on or before the court date on your citation.

What if my payment is past due?

If you have an overdue fine which has not been sent to collections, you may pay the fine directly to the Municipal Court in person, by phone with a credit card, or by mail.

Personal checks are not accepted on past due fines.

If you have an overdue fine which has been sent to FARE (Fines and Restitution Enforcement) your payment can be accepted at the Municipal Court or paid directly to FARE at 1-866-859-2527 or at

Failure to pay your fines:

If you fail to comply with any of the conditions or directives set forth at sentencing, including the payment of fines, fees or restitution by their due date, the Yuma Municipal Court will initiate the following actions:

  • Your driving privileges will be suspended by the Motor Vehicle Department and you will be unable to register or renew registration on any vehicles until all fines are paid in full.  Suspensions in Arizona are honored by most states.
  • Your case may be referred to a collection agency.  Default fees and surcharges will be added to your balance.
  • Information regarding non-payment may be forwarded to a credit bureau, which may affect your ability to obtain credit.
  • Your tax refund may be intercepted through the state’s Debt Set Off Program via Arizona Tax Refund Interception.

To Request a Documentary Hearing

To request a civil traffic hearing in absentia please read the instructions and complete the request form to send to the court.

Municipal Court Request for Documentary Hearing Updated Details download
File Size: 28.50K Request for Documentary Hearing
Municipal Court Instructions For Documentary Hearing Updated Details download
File Size: 182.58K Instructions for Documentary Hearing