Boards, Commissions, and Committee Meeting Agendas, Summaries, Minutes and Other Notices
Looking for City Council Meeting Notices?
Check the City Council meetings page.
Interested in Joining a Board or Commission?
The City of Yuma has several boards and commissions made up of City residents who have volunteered their service to the community. We invite you to consider serving as well. This is your chance to help shape the City of Yuma's future!
Current Board and Commission Vacancies
- Building Advisory Board - 2 vacancies (citizen & mechanical contractor)
- Clean and Beautiful Commission - 2 vacancies
- Design and Historic Review Commission - 1 vacancy
- Merit System Board - 1 vacancy
- Parks, Arts, and Recreation Commission - 2 vacancies
- Residential Advisory Board - 1 vacancy (general contractor)
- Workers' Compensation Trust Board - 3 vacancies
- Yuma Fire Public Safety Board - 1 vacancy
- Yuma Public Safety Police Board - 1 vacancy
Who Can Serve on a City of Yuma Board or Commission?
Any person who lives within Yuma's City limits may serve on a board or commission. Several boards of a more technical nature require one or more members to have specific technical expertise. In order to be considered for a board or commission, a Boards and Commissions application must be filed in the City Clerk's Office.
How is a Person Selected?
When an opening occurs due to resignation or term expiration, City Council appoints an individual from the list of applications on file in the Office of the City Clerk. The individual is selected based on education, work experience and civic involvement as listed on the application. Formal appointment occurs at a regularly scheduled City Council meeting.
Upcoming Meeting Agendas and Past Meeting Summaries and Minutes