Finding a way to merge the need for social distancing with the desire for entertaining events, Desert Sun Stadium will host Yuma Rocks at 8 p.m. Oct. 17.
Local bands Weezerton and The Sam Goodies will perform.
Once gates open at 7:30 p.m. that evening, ticketholders will be able to claim one of a number of marked “spots” on the stadium turf for groups of up to six people.
“We’re inviting concert fans to ‘save the music’ and support these local acts during this tough time, when performers have not been able to book gigs,” said Arts and Culture Program Manager Lindsay Benacka. “Bring your own chairs and stay socially distanced in a designated seating space for up to six people.”
Beverages, including some alcohol, will be available for purchase.
Tickets are $30 per group, general admission, with a group covering up to six people.
- “Spots” will be painted on the turf and available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Please stay in your spot unless going to the restroom or visiting a beverage or food vendor.
- Masks are required when not in your spot.
- Bring your own folding chair and blankets to sit on.
- No outside food or beverage is permitted on entry.
- Soda, water, beer and alcohol will be available for purchase (cash or credit).
- Please maintain social distancing at all times.
- No pop-ups or canopies permitted.
- Please park in the Yuma Civic Center parking lot.