Our summary of Wednesday's Yuma City Council meeting.
Yuma, Ariz. – The Yuma City Council will consider authorizing the City Administrator to execute an agreement with the Humane Society of Yuma to provide kenneling and licensing fees for the City of Yuma during the regular City Council meeting to begin at 5:30 p.m. Wednesday in Council Chambers of City Hall, One City Plaza.
Under the proposed agreement, HSOY would take over pet licensing when the City's current contract with PetData Inc. expires in May 2016. The City is currently the only public entity in the county that does not use HSOY as the sole provider for both licensing and kenneling services.
Council will consider several items on the Motion Consent Agenda, which will be considered and enacted with one motion. They include:
- Three separate liquor license requests.
- Three special event liquor license requests.
- A bid award for the 5th Street Sewer Main Replacement.
- A contract award with Storm Water Engineering Consultant Services.
- A Memorandum of Understanding with the Arizona Department of Revenue to establish performance measures.
- An agreement with Winterhaven County Water District.
- Authorizing for the City Administrator to complete necessary paperwork to accept grant funds to support spay and neuter surgeries.
- Authorizing the execution of an agreement to receive grant funds and use grant funds in accordance with the Federal Department of Justice's Recovery Act Edward Byrne Memorial Justice Assistance Grant Program.
- A Memorandum of Understanding with the Yuma County Sheriff's Office.
- A modification agreement with Park West Assurance.
- An amendment to an agreement with OneGoal LLC.
There are several items on the Resolution Consent Agenda:
- A preannexation development agreement.
- A Facilities Maintenance Agreement to allow Wal-Mart Stores Inc. to use portions of Yuma County Water Users Association property under the City of Yuma's license.
- An intergovernmental agreement with the State of Arizona Department of Transportation.
On the Adoption of Ordinances Agenda, the Council will take action on:
The acceptance of easement from Shaw Diversified Services Inc.
On the Introduction of Ordinances Agenda, the Council will introduce but not take final action on:
Amending the legal descriptions of an ordinance.
Full agendas available online
Complete agendas of Yuma City Council meetings are available to members of the public at any time, online, through our City Council Meetings page. From the homepage of the City’s all-new website at www.yumaaz.gov, click on "Minutes, Agendas, Notices" on the left. From that page, click on "City Council" from the choices listed on the top section. From there, you can choose between upcoming Council agendas and previous Council agendas. Meeting agendas and supporting documents are published in PDF format.