The City invites all Yuma residents and visitors to the fifth annual Boogie, Brews and Blues Festival, 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Feb. 16 at Gateway Park, 259 Gila St.
The annual outdoor music festival features a full day of live music, food trucks, craft beer, unique booths and more. It is hosted by the City of Yuma Heritage Festivals and Robb Bower Presents, and each year aims to feature a distinct lineup of critically acclaimed, award-winning artists.
This year, performers include:
- Dennis Jones Band.
- Avey/Grouws Band.
- Bobby Patterson Band.
- Kelly Rucker with Soul Return.
- The McCoy Brothers.
- All-Star jam session featuring members of the performing bands.
Chairs, blankets, shades and umbrellas are allowed. The area designated for umbrellas and shades is first-come, first-served. Coolers, pets and outside food/drinks are not allowed.
More information about the performers
- The Dennis Jones Band is no stranger to Yuma, having played at the well-attended Centennial Music Festival. “They feature sizzling hot guitar solos, smooth and soulful vocals and a high-energy stage performance,” said promoter Robb Bower.
- The Avey/Grouws Band is an Iowa-based group that plays blues, rock and Americana. They won the 2017 Iowa Blues Challenge and were semifinalists at the International Blues Challenge in Memphis.
- The Bobby Patterson Band hails from the Northwest. Performing blues originals, Patterson is a “killer guitarist,” Bower said.
- Kelly Rucker with Soul Return is “one of the finest singers and harp players,” Bower said. “Here is the best California has to offer, true to the blues tradition of Angel City (LA, of course), true to rock ‘n’ roll with dashes of hypnotic grooves!”
- The McCoy Brothers, originally formed in 2012, are musicians from the San Diego area with a unique blend of songwriting and musical backgrounds. They are annual staples of Boogie, Brews and Blues.
The event is open to people of all ages. Pre-sale general admission tickets are $25 and can be purchased at https://www.yumaaz.gov/event/parks-and-recreation-events/boogie-brews-blues-festival-2019
Tickets at the gate are $30, $5 for ages 13-17, ages 12 and under enter free.Military and children’s tickets can only be purchased in person at the gate or the following locations: Yuma Civic Center, Yuma Art Center, and City of Yuma Parks and Recreation Office.Discounted tickets are available for military (with ID/in person only). Presale ends Feb. 14.