Utilities Treatment Division
The Utility Department's Treatment Division includes water and wastewater treatment, pretreatment, cross-connection control and laboratory services.
The Treatment Division manages the City’s drinking water production and wastewater treatment. This division also ensures compliance with EPA’s Clean Water Act, Safe Drinking Water Act, and biosolids regulations via Industrial Pretreatment, Cross Connection Control and the Environmental Laboratory. The Utility Department’s Treatment Division includes water and wastewater treatment, pretreatment, cross-connection control and laboratory services.
- The Water Treatment Section uses Colorado River water and water from wells to produce the continuous supply of drinking water necessary to meet the needs of Yuma's residents, businesses, and industries.
- The Wastewater Treatment Section operates three treatment facilities to reclaim the wastewater produced by Yuma's residents, businesses and industries.
- The Pretreatment Section manages a federally approved program, which protects Yuma's wastewater infrastructure and resources.
- The Cross Connection Control Section protects Yuma's drinking water from contamination by ensuring that the proper steps are taken to prevent foreign material from homes, businesses and industries from entering the drinking water system.
- The Laboratory Section collects and analyzes a wide variety of samples of river water, well water, our drinking water, and our wastewater.