City of Yuma Police Explorers
What is Exploring?
Exploring is part of the Learning for Life career education program for young men and women who are 14 (and have completed the eighth grade) or 15 through 20 years old.
The purpose of Exploring is to provide experiences to help young people mature and to prepare them to become responsible and caring adults. Explorers are ready to investigate the meaning of inter dependence in their personal relationships and communities.
Exploring is based on a unique and dynamic relationship between youth and the organizations in their communities.
- Be enrolled in school, or possess a G.E.D. or diploma
- Have no significant prior criminal background
- Be able to perform physical and academic requirements, as required by Explorer Post members
- Maintain at least a “C” average in all scholastic work
- Be at least 14 and not over 17 years of age
- Be a United States Citizen or a lawfully admitted permanent resident alien residing full-time in the U.S.
Note* If you apply prior to age 18 you can remain in the Post until your 21st birthday
How Do I Join?
Meetings are held every Thursday from 5:00-7:00 p.m. in the Yuma Police Department’s Community Training Room A. Applications are available at the meetings.
Applications may also be picked up between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. at the Yuma Police Department.