2016/2017 Fall | Winter Activities Guide
The 2016/2017 Fall | Winter Activities Guide is your resource for all Yuma Parks & Recreation programs, events, news and information and now it's available online for your convenience. Just one click gets you a PDF, printable version of the 50-page Guide.
When Can I Register?
• Monday, August 22, 2016 - City Residents may register in-person or via phone.
• Monday, August 29, 2016 - Non-residents may register online, in-person or via phone for programs not requiring a birth certificate/registration form.
(Not all programs are available for online registration.)
Registration Begins Monday, August 22 for City Residents; Monday, August 29 for Everyone
Coming for the 201 6/2017 Fall | Winter Season
There are fun and adventurous programs for all ages! Here are just a few examples:
- Tiny Tots for ages 3-5
- Shining Stars ages 6-10
- Infinite Imagination Youth Theatre for 12-17
- Co-Sponsored Youth Sports
- Zumba for ages 12+
- 5k/10k Fun Runs & Walks + FAST Feet
- Softball Leagues for ages 14+
- Learn to Scuba Dive ages 16+
There are many activities for Tweens and Teens only as well! Here are a few examples:
- Basketball Tournaments
- 5 on 5 Flag Football Tournament
- Advantage Youth Tennis
- Woodcarving / Woodburning
- Canoe / Kayak the Colorado River
NEW for Fall | Winter Season
- Youth Drawing
- Youth Sculpture
- Introduction to Photography
- iPhone Photography
- Tiny Tots - 'All Aboard!'
- Youth - 'Lego Nights'
- Hawaiian-Kenpo Karate
- High School - 'Go Catch' Flag Football League
- Chair Yoga
- Disc Golf Tournament
- Adult Kickball Tournament
- Gourd Art
For FAMILY FUN you won't want to miss the following events:
• Come Out & Play Day, September 10
• Fiestas Patrias, September 17
• Kickball Tournament (NEW), October 15
• YumaCon, November 12
• Children’s Festival of the Arts, November 5
• North End Art Walk, November 18
• Sports Turf, Tree & Landscape Expo, December 1
• Outdoor Living Expo (NEW), December 3
• New Year’s Eve Family Fun Night, December 31
• Wood Carving Expo, January 20-21
• Art in the Park, February 12
• Boogie Brews & Blues Festival, February 18
The Yuma Parks and Recreation team is committed to creating opportunities for all ages to get active and connect with our community.