Parks and Recreation Events
This two-day festival features our Salsa Queen Competition & Kick-off Party with people's choice tastings, local chef’s competing for the title of Yuma’s Taco King, amazing live entertainment both nights and on on both fields, competitive eating contests, and our FREE KidsZones with unlimited games, inflatables, carnival rides and fun activities. Admission is $1.00 per person. Kids 3 and under are free.
Attendees can also browse our local business and craft vendors, enjoy amazing fair style food, and cool down with a refreshing beverage.
The planned activities are:
6 pm – 10 pm – Friday, April 13, inside the Yuma Civic Center – Admission is $1.00
- People’s Choice Salsa Queen competition and Kickoff Party
- Admission includes tortilla chips and voting tickets - vote on your favorite salsa from 20 competetors
- First round of the Taco King competition - watch as judges taste and scores Yuma's Best Tacos
- Tequila Expo with signature margarita specials
- Live Entertainment featuring PALOMA throughout the night
- Get a taste of Yuma's Best Tacos out on the Sunset Terrace
11 am – 11 pm – Saturday, April 14, at Desert Sun Stadium / Ray Kroc Sports Complex
ADMISSION TO THE FESTIVAL $1.00 per person. Kids 3 and under are free. ADMISSION ALLOWS EVERYONE ACCESS TO FOUR FIELDS OF FUN ALL DAY, PLUS ALL ATTRACTIONS ARE AVAILABLE AT NO ADDITIONAL COST DURING FESTIVAL HOURS!
- Local Taco vendors offering their best taco dishes, Final deliberations from the local panel of celebrity judges
- Facebook PEOPLE’S CHOICE Taco King Voting
- LIVE Music & Entertainment on two stages all day. This year's headliner is COLOR ME BADD! View the lineup and performance times >>
- Jak'd Up Customs ‘Bikes and Low-Riders’ Car Show
- Crowning of 2018 “Yuma’s Best Taco King”
- Crowning of 2018 “Yuma’s Best Salsa Queen”
- Margarita & Cerveza Gardens
- Yard Games
- FREE Face painting, jumpies, piñatas, unlimited carnival rides, rock wall, games & activities
- Competitive Eating Contests throughout the day with amazing prizes!
- Business and craft vendors for those who like to shop and learn more about our local companies
The Tunes & Tacos Festival WON the 2016 Arizona Parks & Recreation Association ‘Special Event’ award, was featured in American Airlines Flight Magazine, listed as a ‘Must See’ event in High Roads Magazine and featured twice in Arizona Highways Magazine. We were named #12 in Arizona’s top 25 festivals, and were listed #3 in “22 things people need to know about Yuma before moving there”!
For more information, or to become a sponsor or vendor at the event, contact
Carrie Ring, Marketing Specialist
Visit www.tunesandtacos.com for more event details and information!