Parks and Recreation Events
This two-day festival features our Salsa Queen competition with people's choice tastings, local chef’s competing for the title of Yuma’s Taco King, amazing live entertainment on both fields, competitive eating contests, and our FREE KidsZones with games, inflatables, carnival rides and fun activities. Admission to the Festival is $1.00 per person. Kids 3 and under are free.
Attendees can also browse our local business and craft vendors, enjoy amazing fair style food, and cool down with a refreshing beverage.
ADMISSION TO THE FESTIVAL FOR 2017 is $1.00 per person. Kids 3 and under are free. ADMISSION ALLOWS EVERYONE ACCESS TO BOTH FIELDS ALL DAY, PLUS ALL ATTRACTIONS ARE AVAILABLE AT NO ADDITIONAL COST!
The planned activities are:
6 pm – 9 pm – Friday, April 14, inside the Yuma Civic Center – Admission is FREE
- People’s Choice Salsa Queen competition and Kickoff Party
- Taco King competition first round of the competition will now be held on Friday, and finish on Saturday.
- A Tequila Expo will be featured
- Live Entertainment throughout the night with signature drink specials.
11 am – 11 pm – Saturday, April 15, at Desert Sun Stadium / Ray Kroc Sports Complex – Admission is $1.00 ADMISSION ALLOWS EVERYONE ACCESS TO BOTH FIELDS ALL DAY, PLUS ALL ATTRACTIONS ARE NO ADDITIONAL COST!
- Local Taco vendors offering their best taco dishes, Final deliberations from the local panel of celebrity judges
- * NEW THIS YEAR * ONLINE PEOPLE’S CHOICE Taco Voting
- LIVE Music & Entertainment on two stages all day. This year's headliner is pop icon Lisa Lisa! View the lineup and performance times >>
- * NEW THIS YEAR * Jak'd Up Customs ‘Bikes and Low-Riders’ Car Show
- Crowning of 2017 “Yuma’s Best Taco King”
- Crowning of 2017 “Yuma’s Best Salsa Queen”
- Margarita & Cerveza Gardens
- FREE Face painting, jumpies, piñatas, carnival rides, rock wall, games & activities for the kids in the KidsZones
- Competitive Eating Contests throughout the day with amazing prizes!
- Business and craft vendors for those who like to shop and learn more about our local companies
The Tunes & Tacos Festival WON the 2016 Arizona Parks & Recreation Association ‘Special Event’ award, was featured in American Airlines Flight Magazine, listed as a ‘Must See’ event in High Roads Magazine and featured twice in Arizona Highways Magazine. We were named #12 in Arizona’s top 25 festivals, and were listed #3 in “22 things people need to know about Yuma before moving there”!
For more information, or to become a sponsor or vendor at the event, contact
Carrie Ring, Marketing Specialist
Visit www.tunesandtacos.com for more event details and information!