There is a lot going on in the month of October!
- The Desert Hills Par 3 Golf Course is Yuma’s first home to an exciting new sport – FootGolf!
- The annual Zombie Run & Movie in the Park are both scheduled for this Saturday, October 3rd
- The recreation crew has some fun and spooky Halloween programs scheduled
- An October ‘Harvest Moon’ Canoe trip is one you don’t want to miss
- Parks Maintenance Crews provide information on the Aerofication project at Yuma Valley Park
- Desert Hills Golf Course Manager Brian Farkas, PGA gives a few tips on improving your short game. Also don’t miss a great BOGO special the Desert Hills Par 3 Course is offering during the over seeding at Desert Hills
- The Yuma Civic Center hosts Circus Vargas, and the Yuma Visitors Bureau’s Rio de Cerveza Brew Fest this month
- The Yuma Art Center and Historic Yuma Theatre feature several events: the Tribute of the Muses is scheduled for October 16th, Yuma Fine Arts is hosting a ‘Day of the Dead Opening’ and dinner in the galleries, and Children’s Festival of the Arts is right around the corner, save the date for November 7th!
The City invites those interested in the subject to take the following test: Look up the study’s top-ranked city, Odessa, Texas, and then bottom-ranked Carson, Calif., on Wikipedia or CityData. Then ask yourself, if you had a choice of moving to either location from Yuma, would you?READ MORE