Yuma, Ariz. – A public hearing is to be held during the regular Yuma City Council meeting on Wednesday, Nov. 2, which may result in the adoption, by resolution, of the recommended reduction of water and wastewater capacity fees. The regular City Council meeting will begin at 5:30 p.m. inside the Council Chambers of City Hall, One City Plaza.
There are several items on the Motion Consent Agenda, including:
- A bid award for the construction services for the Pacific Avenue Athletic Complex (PAAC) to the lowest responsive and responsible bidder.
- A bid award for physical provider services/fire personnel. This service is required to ensure the Fire Department maintains its compliance by having an occupational medical program available.
- A bid rejection for PVC plastic pipe, fittings and related accessories.
- An award rejection of enterprise software assurance license.
- A cooperative purchase agreement with enterprise software assurance license.
- An intergovernmental agreement with the Arizona Department of Transportation to access and exchange data regarding automobile accidents.
- Authorization for the City Administrator to execute the U.S. Department of Justice Fiscal Year 2016 Body-Worn Camera Policy and Implementation Program Competitive Grant agreement.
There are two items on the Resolution Consent Agenda:
- ?The approval of the voting center locations and the appointment of the Election Board Officers for the Nov. 8, 2016 election. The City has two issues, Proposition 407 and Proposition 408, on this ballot.
- The approval of the issuance of City of Yuma Municipal Property Corporation municipal facilities revenue refunding bond.
There is one item on the Adoption of Ordinances agenda. If approved, this item would authorize and direct the City Administrator to execute an intergovernmental transfer and promissory note with the Housing Authority of the City of Yuma (HACY) for up to $1,900,000 to allow HACY to convert to the Rental Assistance Demonstration program.
There are two ordinances scheduled for introduction:
- An amendment to the Yuma City Code to require the immediate removal of animal feces from property other than the property of the animal owner, and providing a penalty for failure to comply.
- Authorization to vacate a portion of the 4th Avenue right of way in exchange for additional rights of way from 1st Bank Yuma.
There is one public hearing scheduled, that may result in the adoption of a resolution for the recommended reduction of water and wastewater capacity charges.
Yuma City Council meetings are open to the public, and can be viewed locally on Time Warner Cable (channel 73 for digital subscribers) and online at yuma.peg.tv.
Full agendas available online
Complete agendas of Yuma City Council meetings are available to members of the public at any time, online, through our City Council Meetings page. From the homepage of the City’s all-new website at www.yumaaz.gov, click on "Minutes, Agendas, Notices" on the left. From that page, click on "City Council" from the choices listed on the top section. From there, you can choose between upcoming Council agendas and previous Council agendas. Meeting agendas and supporting documents are published in PDF format.