The City of Yuma invites you to the pool, or to any of our aquatics programs this summer.
The Valley Aquatic Center held its opening day on Saturday, May 27. Admission to Valley Aquatic is $3 (2.50 for City residents) for youth 17 and younger, and $5.50 ($4 for City residents) for adults 18 and older.
Valley Aquatic will be open 4 to 7:45 p.m. May 30 through June 2 before beginning regular summer hours June 3.
Regular pool hours begin June 3. Here’s where you can cool off:
- Valley Aquatic Center, 4381 W. 18th St., offers open swim Tuesdays through Sundays from 1 to 7:45 p.m. through July 31. Fees are $2.50 for children 17 and younger ($2 with City resident credit) and $5 for adults ($3.50 with City resident credit).
- Kennedy Pool, 23rd Street and Kennedy Lane, is open 1 to 3:45 p.m. Tuesdays through Fridays through July 28. Per-day admission to this pool this season will be free, thanks to Yuma Elks No. 476, the Cocopah Tribe and The Rock Church.
- Marcus Pool, 5th Street and 5th Avenue, offers open swim 1 to 3 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays through July 27; admission is free, sponsored by Yuma Rotary Club.
Sunday, June 18, dads are admitted free with a paid child admission at Valley Aquatic Center.
Pools will be closed on July 4.
Pool hours and dates are subject to change. Open swim hours will change in August.
Family, monthly and season passes good for open swim programs are available for purchase at the Parks and Recreation Office (only) on the first floor of City Hall, One City Plaza. Family passes are for immediate family use only. The rate for a family pass applies to the first five members of the immediate family. For each additional family member included on the pass, there will be an additional $6 charge.
Season passes are valid May 27 through Aug. 27. Prices are as follows.
- Youth 17 and younger: $96; $67 for City residents.
- Adults 18 and older: $145; $97 for City residents.
- Family: $228; $152 for City residents.
Monthly passes are available for one calendar month only within these ranges: May 28 through June 30; July 1 through July 31; Aug. 1 through Aug. 31 (pool will only open on weekends during August). Prices are as follows.
- Youth 17 and younger: $51; $33 for City residents.
- Adults 18 and older: $82; $54 for City residents.
- Family: $96; $70 for City residents.
Open swim rules
Swimmers must wear proper swimwear. The following clothing items and accessories are prohibited from the water slides due to damage caused by these items: cutoff jeans; clothing or bathing suits with exposed zippers; buckles; rivets; other metal ornamentation.
Daily admission rates apply to all persons who enter City aquatic facilities. Ice chests, coolers, lawn chairs are prohibited in City aquatic facilities.
Pool rental available
Valley Aquatic Center, Carver Pool, Kennedy Pool and Marcus Pool are available for rent at certain dates and times throughout the summer through July 30. Rental fees vary by facility. Additionally, Valley Aquatic Center has a private party room, The Aquarium, available for rent at an additional fee. Contact Parks and Recreation for more information at 373-5200.