Monthly, season passes available as option to daily admission
Calling all swimmers! The City of Yuma officially begins its summer open swim programs at various City pools with the opening of the Valley Aquatic Center this weekend.
Opening day at the Valley Aquatic Center is 1 to 7:45 p.m. Saturday, May 28. The center will also be open those same hours on Sunday, May 29; however, it will be closed Memorial Day. Admission to Valley Aquatic is $2.50 ($2 for City residents) for youth 17 and younger, and $5 ($3.50 for City residents) for adults 18 and older.
Following that, Valley Aquatic will be open 4 to 7:45 p.m. May 31 through June 3 before beginning regular summer hours June 4.
Kennedy Pool opens with Kick Off the Summer, a special event with the Sunrise Optimist Club, 1 to 5:45 p.m. Saturday, June 4 at Kennedy Pool. This free event features water safety lessons from the Yuma Fire Department and Yuma Safe Kids, plus water relays and games throughout the day. Admission is free. Club members will hand out hot dogs and drinks while they last and provide single-day swim passes to the first 100 people to visit their booth. Following that, Kennedy Pool’s regular summer hours run through July 31.
Additionally this summer, area service clubs provide generous donations enabling the City to open two of our pools for free open swim sessions for June and July. The Yuma Elks Lodge No. 476 donation opens Kennedy Pool for free 1 to 3:45 p.m. on Wednesdays and Fridays, June 8 through July 29. And the Yuma Rotary Club provided for free open swim sessions 1 to 3 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays at Marcus Pool.
Regular pool hours begin June 4. Here’s where you can cool off:
- Valley Aquatic Center, 4381 W. 18th St., offers open swim Tuesdays through Sundays from 1 to 7:45 p.m. through July 31. Fees are $2.50 for children 17 and younger ($2 with City resident credit) and $5 for adults ($3.50 with City resident credit).
- Kennedy Pool, 23rd Street and Kennedy Lane, is open 1 to 5:45 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays and 1 to 3:45 p.m. Tuesdays through Fridays through July 31. Weekend per-day admission for youth 17 and under is $2; $1.50 for City residents and $4.50 per adult 18 and over or $3 for City residents. Wednesday and Friday afternoon sessions are free, sponsored by Yuma Elks No. 476.
- Marcus Pool, 5th Street and 5th Avenue, offers open swim 1 to 3 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays through July 28; admission is free, sponsored by Yuma Rotary Club.
Pools will be closed on July 4.
Pool hours and dates are subject to change. Open swim hours will change in August.
Family, monthly and season passes good for open swim programs are available for purchase at the Parks and Recreation Office (only) on the first floor of City Hall, One City Plaza. Family passes are for immediate family use only. The rate for a family pass applies to the first five members of the immediate family. For each additional family member included on the pass, there will be an additional $5 charge.
Season passes are valid May 28 through Aug. 28. Prices are as follows.
- Youth 17 and younger: $87; $58 for City residents.
- Adults 18 and older: $132; $88 for City residents.
- Family: $207; $138 for City residents.
Monthly passes are available for one calendar month only within these ranges: May 28 through June 30; July 1 through July 31; Aug. 1 through Aug. 31 (pool will only open on weekends during August). Prices are as follows.
- Youth 17 and younger: $46; $30 for City residents.
- Adults 18 and older: $74; $49 for City residents.
- Family: $87; $63 for City residents.
Open swim rules
Swimmers must wear proper swimwear only. The following clothing items and accessories are prohibited from the water slides due to damage caused by these items: cutoff jeans; clothing or bathing suits with exposed zippers; buckles; rivets; other metal ornamentation.
Daily admission rates apply to all persons who enter City aquatic facilities. Ice chests, coolers, lawn chairs are prohibited in City aquatic facilities.