The Yuma City Council will consider a measure that would lead to a project assessment for the possible, eventual relocation of the Yuma County Fairgrounds during the regular City Council meeting to begin at 5:30 p.m. Wednesday in Council Chambers of City Hall, One City Plaza.
City Council Meeting Preview, Sept. 2
Study for possible Fairgrounds relocations to be considered
Yuma, Ariz. – The Yuma City Council will consider a measure that would lead to a project assessment for the possible, eventual relocation of the Yuma County Fairgrounds during the regular City Council meeting to begin at 5:30 p.m. Wednesday in Council Chambers of City Hall, One City Plaza.
Council will consider several items on the motion consent agenda, which will be considered and enacted with one motion. They include:
- Three separate liquor license requests.
- A permanent extension of premises for Buffalo Wild Wings.
- A bid award for improvements to Figueroa Water Pollution Control Facility.
- A bid rejection for Yuma Police Department uniforms and accessories.
- An intergovernmental agreement with the Arizona Department of Transportation.
- An intergovernmental agreement with Regional Mental Health Court.
- Approval of two separate and distinct infrastructure and services reports.
- Settlement of a claim.
There are two items on the resolution consent agenda: a third amendment to a development agreement and a development fee exemption.
On the adoption of ordinances agenda, the Council will take action on:
- Annexation of a property located on the corner of Avenue 9E and 24th Street (Saguaro Desert Land Inc.).
- Rezoning of property at the northwest corner of Pacific Avenue and 8th Street.
- Rezoning of property at 1651 S. 4th Ave.
- Annexation of property at the corner of 16th Street and Sunridge Drive.
On the introduction of ordinances agenda, the Council will introduce but not take final action on:
- Declaration of certain right-of-way at 12th Street and Avenue C as surplus.
- Authorization of the annexation of property at the southwest corner of the South Gila Canal and Avenue 8E.
- Authorization for staff to execute an easement to the Yuma County Water User's Association.
Full agendas available online
Complete agendas of Yuma City Council meetings are available to members of the public at any time, online. Visit the City’s website at www.yumaaz.gov and click on Public Meeting Agendas on the left. From that page, click on "View City Council Agendas, Summaries and Minutes." From there, you can choose between upcoming Council agendas and previous Council agendas. From the "upcoming" page, locate “City Council Meeting” for the date you are looking for, then click on “Agenda.” This will bring up a copy of the meeting agenda in PDF format.