Mayor to read Arizona's Cities and Towns Week proclamation
Yuma, Ariz. – The Yuma City Council will consider an ordinance to amend part of the Yuma City Code regarding traffic rules, which will be introduced during the regular City Council meeting to begin at 5:30 p.m. Wednesday in Council Chambers of City Hall, One City Plaza. The proposed ordinance would amend the City Code to add sections related to regulating distracted driving.
No vote or action by the City Council is necessary on this item as it is introduced. However, the City Council may vote or take action where appropriate. Ordinances given introduction are generally brought back before City Council for adoption at the next Regular City Council meeting.
Council will consider several items on the Motion Consent Agenda, which will be considered and enacted with one motion. They include:
- A special event liquor license request.
- A liquor license request.
- A bid award for slurry seal services.
- A Cooperative Purchase Agreement for the purchase of ground and turf maintenance replacement parts and equipment.
- Acceptance of a grant award from the Arizona Governor's Office of Highway Safety that will go toward the Selective Traffic Enforcement Program (STEP) overtime and equipment.
- Acceptance of a grant award from the Governor's Office of Highway Safety for DUI enforcement overtime.
- Acceptance of another grant award from the Governor's Office of Highway Safety for DUI enforcement equipment.
- Approval of the final plat time extension for Tuscany Medical and Professional Plaza, Phase 2.
There are two items on the Resolution Consent Agenda: one regarding the extension of expired development fee deferrals, and a second regarding the approval of a Real Property Exchange and Development Agreement.
On the Adoption of Ordinances Agenda, the Council will consider:
- Amending the legal descriptions in an existing ordinance which authorized the acquisition, by exchange for City-owned surplus property, of certain right-of-way that is necessary and temporary construction easements owned by PMG Partnership, L.L.C., located near the northeast corner of 16th Street and 4th Avenue.
On the Introduction of Ordinances Agenda, the Council will introduce but not take final action on:
- Amending the Yuma City Code by adding sections related to distracted driving in the "Traffic Rules" chapter.
There are no public hearings scheduled at this time.
Full agendas available online
Complete agendas of Yuma City Council meetings are available to members of the public at any time, online, through our City Council Meetings page. From the homepage of the City’s all-new website at www.yumaaz.gov, click on "Minutes, Agendas, Notices" on the left. From that page, click on "City Council" from the choices listed on the top section. From there, you can choose between upcoming Council agendas and previous Council agendas. Meeting agendas and supporting documents are published in PDF format.