Authorization for acceptance of U.S. Environmental Protection Agency grant funds on agenda
The Yuma City Councilwill consider acceptance of EPA grant funds to maintain the assessment of vacant downtown-area land to allow for its redevelopment during the regular City Council meeting to begin at 5:30 p.m. Wednesday in the Council Chambers of City Hall, One City Plaza.
This agreement provides funding for the inventory, assessment, and redevelopment planning activities for the brownfield sites in the Old Town South redevelopment area, which is an area south of Giss Parkway and between 1st Avenue and Gila Street.
Council will consider several items on the Motion Consent Agenda, which will be considered and enacted with one motion. They include:
- Three special event liquor license requests.
- A sole source purchase of a Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) mobile video system for use in monitoring the City's sewer system.
- Authorizing the City Administrator to execute a 13-month extension to the existing contract for Environmental Engineering Services for Brownfield Assessment with Ayres Associates.
- Authorize the City Administrator to execute a contract with the Arizona Department of Corrections for inmate labor work within the City of Yuma.
- Acceptance of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Communitywide Brownfield Assessment Cooperative Agreement.
- Authorizing the City Administrator to execute a contract with the Arizona Governor's Office of Highway Safety.
- Authorizing the City Administrator to execute a memorandum of understanding with the San Luis Police Department.
There are no items on the Resolution Consent Agenda.
On the Adoption of Ordinances Agenda, the Council will consider:
- Amending the City of Yuma Code Title 13, Chapter 138, regarding residential rental inspection.
- Authorizing City acquisition of all or any portion of the real property owned by PMG Partnership LLC, located in the vicinity of the northeast corner of 16th Street and 4th Avenue by purchase and exchange agreement or through the exercise of eminent domain.
- Entering into a development agreement and land and improvements lease with Hardknocks Limited Partnership.
There are no ordinances scheduled for introduction at this time.
The following is presented to City Council as a public hearing:
- An amendment to the City of Yuma 2011-2015 Community Development Block Grant Consolidated Plan.
Full agendas available online
Complete agendas of Yuma City Council meetings are available to members of the public at any time, online, through our City Council Meetings page. From the homepage of the City’s all-new website at www.yumaaz.gov, click on "Minutes, Agendas, Notices" on the left. From that page, click on "City Council" from the choices listed on the top section. From there, you can choose between upcoming Council agendas and previous Council agendas. Meeting agendas and supporting documents are published in PDF format.