The Yuma City Council will have public hearings and discussions on the Fiscal Year 2017-18 City budget (including the Capital Improvement Program budget) during their regular City Council meeting at 5:30 p.m. Wednesday, May 3.
The meeting is open to the public and will be held inside Council Chambers of City Hall, One City Plaza, and viewable on local cable TV and online.
The 2017-2018 city budget is proposed in the amount of $214,831,937, which includes a capital improvement budget of $38,550,000 and an operating budget of $176,281,937.
There are several items on the Motion Consent Agenda, including:
- A restaurant liquor license application.
- A cooperative purchase agreement.
- A marketing agreement concerning the City's name and logo.
- A bid rejection for the Fleet Services Maintenance Shop.
There are two items on the Resolution Consent Agenda:
- An amendment to an existing resolution relating to personnel residency requirements.
- Approval of a call to election for the 2017 City of Yuma elections to be held Aug. 29 and, if necessary, Nov. 7.
There are two items on the Adoption of Ordinances Agenda:
- A zoning code text amendment to add definitions regarding accessory dwelling units and to provide regulations regarding accessory dwelling units.
- A zoning code text amendment regarding sign regulations.
Aside from the public hearings for the 2017-18 budget and related actions, there are no further presentations or public hearings.
Yuma City Council meetings are open to the public, and can be viewed locally on Time Warner Cable (channel 73 for digital subscribers) and online at yuma.peg.tv.
Full agendas available online
Complete agendas of Yuma City Council meetings are available to members of the public at any time, online, through our City Council Meetings page. From the homepage of the City’s all-new website at www.yumaaz.gov, click on "Minutes, Agendas, Notices" on the left. From that page, click on "City Council" from the choices listed on the top section. From there, you can choose between upcoming Council agendas and previous Council agendas. Meeting agendas and supporting documents are published in PDF format.