City Administrator Greg Wilkinson will present initial information about the City’s Fiscal Year 2017-18 budget to the Yuma City Council during the regular City Council meeting, 5:30 p.m. Wednesday, March 15, inside Council Chambers of City Hall, One City Plaza.
There are several other items on the Motion Consent Agenda, including:
- Special event liquor licenses for the following events:
- Yuma County Democrats Spring Fling.
- Foothills Rotary Paint the Town Red.
- A bid award for a storm drain at Terraces at the View subdivision.
- Three agreements with Arizona Public Service (APS) for the provision of power to the Pacific Avenue Athletic Complex and the Fleet Services Maintenance Shop and for the relocation of services near the Fleet Services Maintenance Shop.
- Final Plat approval for Center Pointe Commons subdivision, on the southwest corner of 16th Street and 4th Avenue.
There are no resolutions scheduled for adoption.
One ordinance is scheduled for adoption, which would establish compensation and benefits for the office of Presiding Municipal Judge, effective Jan. 1, 2018.
One ordinance is scheduled for introduction: The Council will consider a utility easement to APS for the construction, reconstruction, replacement, repair, operation and maintenance of electrical service lines, together with appurtenant facilities and fixtures, to provide power to the Pacific Avenue Athletic Complex.
City Administrator Greg Wilkinson will present initial information for the Fiscal Year 2017-18 budget to Council. The presentation is expected to include the following information:
- A primer on the various City fund accounts and their purposes.
- A briefing on the Yuma economy, contrasted with cost shifts imposed by the state and increased costs in general that constrain the City budget.
- A comparison of the City’s budget dating back pre-recession through now.
Open to the public
Yuma City Council meetings are open to the public, and can be viewed locally on Time Warner Cable (channel 73 for digital subscribers) and online at yuma.peg.tv.
Full agendas available online
Complete agendas of Yuma City Council meetings are available to members of the public at any time, online, through our City Council Meetings page. From the homepage of the City’s all-new website at www.yumaaz.gov, click on "Minutes, Agendas, Notices" on the left. From that page, click on "City Council" from the choices listed on the top section. From there, you can choose between upcoming Council agendas and previous Council agendas. Meeting agendas and supporting documents are published in PDF format.