YUMA, Ariz. – A public hearing is scheduled to be held during the regular Yuma City Council meeting that will begin at 5:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Mar. 16, 2016, inside the Council Chambers of City Hall, One City Plaza.
During the public hearing, the Yuma City Council will consider the request to amend the City of Yuma General Plan to change the land use designation from Low Density Residential to High Density Residential, for property located at the northwest corner of 11th Street and Avenue A.
The Yuma City Council will consider several items on the Motion Consent Agenda, which will be considered and enacted with one motion. They include:
- A special event liquor license.
- Two liquor license requests.
- A cooperative purchase agreement for the purchase and delivery of tires, tubes and services.
- A request for qualifications for construction administration services.
- Authorizing the City Administrator to execute necessary documents with the Arizona Game and Fish Department for the acceptance of grant monies for a pilot program for a wildlife habitat field study in the Yuma East Wetlands for local seventh-graders.
There are several items on the Resolution Consent Agenda:
- A preannexation development agreement for the development of an industrial use located at 2264 E. 13th Street.
- A resolution supporting the dedication of the granite "History of California" monument, as requested by Mayor Jacque-Andre Istel of Felicity, California. The dedication is to take place Sat., March 19.
- A resolution urging the State Legislature to restore Highway User Revenue Funding (HURF) to municipalities and counties in Arizona.
There are no ordinances scheduled for adoption nor introduction at this time.
There are two appointments scheduled to the Community Tree Board and one appointment scheduled to the Merit System Board.
Yuma City Council meetings are open to the public, and can be viewed locally on Time Warner Cable (channel 73 for digital subscribers) and online at yuma.peg.tv.
Full agendas available online
Complete agendas of Yuma City Council meetings are available to members of the public at any time, online, through our City Council Meetings page. From the homepage of the City’s all-new website at www.yumaaz.gov, click on "Minutes, Agendas, Notices" on the left. From that page, click on "City Council" from the choices listed on the top section. From there, you can choose between upcoming Council agendas and previous Council agendas. Meeting agendas and supporting documents are published in PDF format.