Mayor Doug Nicholls is scheduled to give the 2016 State of the City speech during the City Council meeting to be held at 5:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Feb. 3, 2016, inside the Council Chambers of City Hall, One City Plaza.
The Yuma City Council will consider several items on the motion consent agenda, which will be considered and enacted with one motion. They include:
- Three special event liquor license requests.
- Two liquor license applications
- A bid award for electrical services.
- Two grant agreements to reimburse YPD for funds used in Operation Stonegarden.
- Transfer of ownership of a retiring police canine to his assigned handler.
There are no items on the resolution consent agenda, and no ordinances to be adopted.
On the introduction of ordinances agenda, Council will introduce and/or discuss the following items:
- A lease allowing Verizon Wireless to install a monopalm cellular tower on a portion of City property.
- An ordinance to amend the legal descriptions included in two prior ordinances.
There are two public hearings scheduled; however, discussion during Tuesday’s Council Worksession indicated that the first of these may be continued to a future meeting. That item is a General Plan amendment to change land use designation from low-density residential to high-density residential at the northwest corner of 13th Street and Avenue A.
The other public hearing concerns a proposed rezoning of properties northwest of 24th Street and Avenue 9E from agriculture to medium-density residential.
Full agendas available online
Complete agendas of Yuma City Council meetings are available to members of the public at any time, online, through our City Council Meetings page. From the homepage of the City’s all-new website at www.yumaaz.gov, click on "Minutes, Agendas, Notices" on the left. From that page, click on "City Council" from the choices listed on the top section. From there, you can choose between upcoming Council agendas and previous Council agendas. Meeting agendas and supporting documents are published in PDF format.