First 1,000 children will receive a free sling-style backpack filled with school supplies (child must be present)
Yuma, Ariz. –The City of Yuma is partnering with a variety of community sponsors to host the 5th Annual Back to School Rodeo from 8 a.m. to noon on Saturday, July 23 at the Yuma Civic Center, located at 1440 W. Desert Hills Drive.
The Back to School Rodeo aims to round up community resources in a fun, safe environment to help families prepare for the upcoming school year.
The free event is designed for children in preschool through eighth grade. More than 70 community organizations will come together to provide a one-stop destination for information pertaining to children's educational needs and extracurricular interests.
Representatives from public, private and charter schools will be available to answer questions and provide information regarding the upcoming school year.
The first 1,000 children to line up at the door will receive a free sling-style backpack filled with school supplies (child must be present). All Back to School Rodeo attendees will have the opportunity to win door prizes such as bicycles, tablets, games, gift cards, and more. KYMA News 11's broadcast news personalities will emcee the event and introduce a variety of speakers and performers.
Additionally, there will be free health and vision screenings at the event.
The Back to School Rodeo is made possible through the support of Yuma-area businesses. This year’s sponsors include: Corona Optique, First Things First, Cenpatico, APS, Shaw Industries, Plaza Auto Center, Wells Fargo Bank, KYMA, Calibur Printing, Coca-Cola, Ross Stores, Inc, Ed Whitehead’s Tire Pros, and J & R Aviation Inc.
The following organizations/businesses are scheduled to appear at the Back to School Rodeo:
- Amberly's Place
- Amerischools Academy/Capstone Preschool
- Arizona Classical Ballet Performing Co.
- Arizona PBS
- Boy Scouts of America
- Chicanos Por La Causa
- Children's Dental
- Children's Museum of Yuma County
- City of Yuma Neighborhood Services
- City of Yuma Parks and Recreation
- Cleartalk Wireless
- Cornerstone Preschool
- Corona Optique
- Council for Educational Travels
- Crane School District
- Crossroads Mission
- Dancemakers of Yuma
- Dawn's Dance Studio/JOY
- Desert View Academy Middle and High School
- Easter Seals Blake Foundation
- Face Painting by Lydia
- First Smiles Yuma
- First Things First
- Girl Scouts of Southern Arizona
- Goodwill of Central Arizona
- Harvest Preparatory Academy
- Immaculate Conception School
- JC Penny
- KIDS CuddleKit Closet
- Larios Karate School
- Mr B's Bicycles
- Orthodontics Inc.
- Reach Out and Read Yuma County
- Regional Center for Border Health, Inc.
- Saddles of Joy
- Salvation Army
- Solar City
- St. Francis Catholic School
- Sunset Community Health Center
- The Learning Pad
- WACOG Head Start
- WACOG Human Services
- Walmart Vision Center
- Wells Fargo Bank
- YRMC Emergency Department
- Yuma American Youth Football
- Yuma Art Center
- Yuma Ballet Academy/Ballet Yuma
- Yuma Catholic High School
- Yuma Community Food Bank
- Yuma County Juvenile Court
- Yuma County Library District
- Yuma County Public Health Services District
- Yuma County Sherriff's Office
- Yuma Dentistry 4 Kids
- Yuma Elementary School District One
- Yuma Family YMCA
- Yuma Fast Pitch and Tee Ball League
- Yuma Fire Department
The public is encouraged to bring a canned food item to donate to the Yuma Community Food Bank.
For more information, please contact Miriam Limon at 928-373-5020 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.